Last updated: December 22, 2016
- To personal information that RainKing collects and maintains in the context of our research to develop and maintain RainKing’s Products (“Research Activities”), whether such Research Activities are conducted online, offline, via phone, or otherwise.
- To customers that have entered into a Subscription Agreement with RainKing (“Clients”), including their authorized users (“Users”), for our Products and Online Services, as well as all visitors to our Online Services (“Visitors”), regardless of which computer or device Clients, Users, or Visitors use to access our Products or Online Services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND RECEIVE
We collect and receive information about you in a few different ways:
- Information you give us. You can give us information directly. For example:
- When requesting information about our Products or Online Services or registering to use our Online Services, RainKing requires you to provide us with personal contact information, such as name, company name, address, phone number, and email address (“Contact Information”).
- In response to a survey, telephone call, email, or other communication from us as part of RainKing’s Research Activities to support our Products, you may give us business contact information, such as contact name, title, business address, phone number, email address, and other business-related information.
- When licensing our Products and Online Services, RainKing may require you to provide financial and billing information, such as billing name and address, credit card number, and the number of employees within the organization that will be using the Products and Online Services (“Billing Information”). RainKing may also ask you to provide additional information, such as company annual revenues, number of employees, or industry (“Profile Information”).
- Our interface may also allow Users to upload certain of their own information to be stored on RainKing’s system (“Uploaded Information”). Contact Information, Billing Information, Profile Information and Uploaded Information from Clients and Users are referred to collectively as “Client Information.”
- Client Information. You may be a User that has been provided access to RainKing’s Products and Online Services through your company’s Subscription Agreement with RainKing. If so, your employer may have asked us to set up its Client account so that Users may designate certain information to be shared with other employees within the Client’s organization. This is done by designating the information as “Public” in the system. Please be aware:
- The option to make such information “Public” should not be used if the information is not to be shared with other Users within the Client’s organization.
- A Client may also require that one or more of its Users be given global rights to access any and all information relating to each of its Users.
- If you have questions or concerns regarding the rights of other individuals in your organization to access your information, you should raise those concerns with the appropriate person at your organization.
- Mobile phone number. RainKing utilizes multi-factor authentication (MFA) as a method to control access to its platform. Licensed platform users are given the option to provide a mobile phone number or email address, through which a code to register a user's unique device can be transmitted.
- Information we collect or receive when you use or visit our Online Services. We also collect or receive information when you use or visit our Online Services (“Web Behavior Information”). We may collect Web Behavior Information using cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. Depending on how you access and use our Online Services and other variables, we may receive:
- Log information. This is information we may collect and store when you use or visit our Online Services. It can include, for example:
- Information about your interactions with our Websites, Mobile Applications, Social Media Pages, the content you view, the search queries you submit, and information in cookies and similar technologies.
- Information about how you access our Online Services, your browser or operating system, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
- Device information. This is information we may collect and store about the device you use when you access our Online Services. Device information includes, for example:
- The type of device you’re using (e.g., an iPhone);
- Certain device identifiers which may be unique to your device; and
- Your Internet service provider.
- Information from third-party sources. We may collect or receive additional information about you that is publicly available and combine that with the information we have collected or received about you in other ways.
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND RECEIVE
We use the information we collect and receive for the following general purposes:
- To develop and maintain our Products and Online Services: As part of its Research Activities, RainKing’s research department identifies, processes, and maintains business contact information (including contact name, title, business address, phone number, email address, and/or other business-related information) for decision makers worldwide at public and private companies and state and local government entities. We use this information to develop and maintain our Products and Online Services. We provide our Products and Online Services to our Clients, who use the information for sales and marketing activities.
- To respond to your requests and service Client accounts. We use the information we collect and receive to provide you with information you request or services you use. For example:
- If you fill out an online “Contact Me” form, we may use the information provided to contact you about your interest in our Products and Online Services.
- If you ask us to remember your login information for our Online Services, we’ll use information stored in cookies when you return.
- We use Client’s Billing Information to check their financial qualifications and collect payment.
- To improve our Products and Online Services. We use information we collect and receive from Clients, Users, and Visitors to provide better Products and Online Services. For example:
- To conduct more effective marketing. We may use the information we collect and receive to provide more targeted content that our Clients, Users, and Visitors are likely to find relevant. For example:
- We may use information you provide to contact you to further discuss your interest in our Products and Online Services and to send you information regarding RainKing, its affiliates, and its partners, such as information about promotions.
In addition to the foregoing, we may share information with:
- Affiliates. We share information we collect or receive among RainKing affiliates.
- Business Partners. We may share non-personally identifiable information with select business partners.
- Other parties in response to legal process or as we deem necessary to protect our Products, Online Services, or the rights of others.
We may also use and/or disclose information, including personal information, in certain circumstances, such as when we have a good faith belief that:
- It is necessary to respond to lawful governmental requests or legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant, or subpoena);
- The information may be relevant to a crime that has been or is being committed;
- To identify, contact, or bring legal action against persons or entities that may be violating your rights, our rights, or the rights of others.
COOKIES, WEB BEACONS, AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
- To help us recognize your browser across the Website, different web pages, and browsing sessions;
- To save and remember any preferences that may have been set while accessing or visiting our Website;
- To help us customize the content provided to you on our Website; and
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of our Products, Online Services, offerings, advertisements, and email communications.
CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
You have several choices with respect to opting out of communications from us, identifying your personal information disclosed in our Products, and correcting or deleting your personal information from our Products.
- Marketing Communications. RainKing uses an opt-out standard for communications with you about our Products and Online Services and other products or services that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive such communications from us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, you can select unsubscribe on any of our electronic marketing communications. If you opt out of marketing communications, RainKing will still contact you in order to provide you with the products and services you have requested from us.
- Information in our Products. If you wish to correct or remove your personal information from RainKing’s Products, or inquire whether your personal information is shared through RainKing’s Products, you may email us at email@example.com.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The security of your information is important to us. We take steps to protect the information we collect, receive, maintain, and/or process. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage or processing is one hundred percent secure and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS’ PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, RainKing is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, RainKing may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
RainKing is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. RainKing complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
RainKing acknowledges that EU individuals have the right to access the personal information/data that we maintain about them. RainKing will provide an individual opt-out choice before we share their personal, non-public information with third parties other than our agents, or before we use it for a purpose other than which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized. An EU individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, should direct their query to firstname.lastname@example.org. If requested to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
RainKing has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles to BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit http://www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers for more information and to file a complaint.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Personal information is information that identifies a specific person. It includes name, address, telephone number, email address, payment card number, and government-issued identification number.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Non-personally identifiable information is every kind of information except for personal information.
A cookie is a small text file placed in your device’s browser, and that can be used to help recognize your browser across different webpages, websites, and browsing session. Cookies are stored on your device or in “local storage.” You may disable cookies by selecting the appropriate setting in your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain websites or parts of websites, including our Website.
“Flash cookies” or Local Shared Objects are another type of local storage technology. Flash cookies may use parts of your device other than your browser, which means you may not be able to control their use using the browser tools and settings you use to control browser cookies. For more information about managing Flash cookies, please visit the Adobe Flash Player website. Your browser's privacy controls may enable you to manage other types of local storage.
Web beacons are small pieces of code placed on webpages, videos, and in emails that can communicate information about your browser and device to a server. Beacons can be used, among other things, to count the users who visit a webpage or read an email, or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a user viewing a webpage or email.
Device identifiers are strings of letters and numbers that can be used to distinguish one device from other devices. These identifiers can be used in various ways and for a variety of purposes. For example, identifiers may be used to remember your preferences in connection with a website or app, for analytics purposes, or to provide relevant ads to the device. Apple's iOS Advertising Identifier (IDFA), Google's Android Advertising ID, and Verizon Wireless's UIDH are examples of device identifiers.