The Research Analyst position serves as the forefront and backbone of our research operations. The Analyst will be responsible for conducting targeted conversations with top technology decision makers within a specific industry across the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. Additionally, the Analyst will use a variety of resources to analyze industry-specific technology trends, identify the organizational structure of a company, and examine how its IT department operates with other divisions in the company. This information is then synthesized, analyzed, and published into the RainKing database.
The Research Analyst will be responsible for:
- Using a variety of resources to research and identify IT trends, initiatives, and organizational structure.
- Analyzing the impact of industry technology trends within a given company.
- Identifying important management changes within a company (promotions, departures, etc.).
- Maintaining a database of high-level, decision making contacts within major companies and universities.
- Corresponding with our customer base to resolve custom research requests in a timely manner.
- Identifying and analyzing the impact of company mergers and acquisitions.
- Analyzing and synthesizing acquired information to construct a clear and concise synopsis of the status, strategy, and roadmap of a company’s IT department.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required
- A background in technology is not required- on the job training is provided
- Must be comfortable with cold-calling
- Strong writing capability
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask
Highly flexible work hours, casual work environment, health benefits and 401(k) plan, metro reimbursement or subsidized parking, regular performance-reviews and quarterly performance-based bonus compensation, opportunities for advancement, strong social networking and monthly department enrichment activities.
Additionally, Researchers will daily interact with senior technology executives making high-level decisions for big-name corporations. Plus, all of our researchers will continually be exposed to and receive education on new technology trends.
This full-time position is based out of our Bethesda headquarters. Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to .